- To be eligible to register and use the App you must be a an employee of an organisation that has purchased the BeingWell proposition from Southern Cross and you must be 16 years or over (“Eligibility Criteria”).
- Our App provides you with a BeingWell Score and various health and well-being and similar information (collectively the "Information"), offered to you partly based on the details provided by you, such as personal and health information (“Your Data"). The Information is for information purposes only. The Information is not intended to substitute the expertise and judgment of any healthcare professional. Making a reliable medical diagnosis, treating any medical condition and administering or advising on or changing any drug therapy, treatment plan or other course of action requires the involvement of independent informed and adequately qualified healthcare professionals. In case of any specific questions regarding a medical condition (including without limitation, diagnosis, treatment and care), you need to contact your healthcare professional provider(s).
- The form and nature of the App may change from time to time without prior notice to you. In addition, we may stop (permanently or temporarily) at any time, operating the App or any features within the App towards you or towards users generally and may not be able to provide you with prior notice. We will however endeavour to advise you of new features and/or functionality of the App through in-App messaging/notifications and/or push notifications. We also retain the right to create use and/or storage limits at our sole discretion at any time without prior notice to you.
- The collection, use, handling, storage and disclosure of Your Data which you provide is subject to our Privacy Statement. By using the App you consent to the collection, use, handling, storage and disclosure of Your Data in accordance with the Privacy statement.
- If you are also insured under a Southern Cross insurance policy, and provide personal or health information to us in relation to the App, we will ensure this information is kept separate from our underwriting and claims departments (who are responsible for any future underwriting or claims decisions). You acknowledge and agree that Southern Cross will not be deemed to have knowledge of any of Your Data or Information in respect of its underwriting and claims functions. In accordance with your duty of disclosure, you are still required to disclose this information (to the extent it may be relevant) including without limitation, in relation to any future application for insurance cover, changes to existing insurance cover or claims under a Southern Cross insurance policy.
- We reserve the right at all times (but we will not have an obligation) to remove or refuse to distribute any Information or Your Data and to terminate users or reclaim user names. We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve and disclose any Information or Your Data to the extent we reasonably believe it is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce these Terms, including investigations of a potential violation thereof, (iii) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or to (v) protect the rights, property or safety of Southern Cross and/or its business partners, other Southern Cross entities, App users and the public. Accounts that are inactive for more than 90 days will be removed without prior notice.
- There are limitations on the use of the App. These limitations aim to protect our users from abuse and to assist to make the use of the App the best possible experience for all users. No abuse of our App will be tolerated. Any violation of these rules may, at Southern Cross’ sole discretion, lead to a temporary or permanent suspension of all related accounts.
– License: Southern Cross grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to download and use the App for your personal use in accordance with these Terms.
– Unauthorised Access: You shall not do any of the following while accessing or using the App: (i) access, tamper with or use non-public areas of the App (except for your own account), Southern Cross’ or associated computer systems or the technical delivery systems of our providers; (ii) probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures; (iii) attempt to access or search the App or any Data by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces; or (iv) interfere with or disrupt, or attempt to do so, the access of any user, host or network.
– Respect for Privacy of Third Parties: You shall not disclose other people's personal or health information without their express authorisation and permission.
– No Reproduction: You shall not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell the App content and its design and look or any Information derived from the App. You are not entitled to modify or redistribute the App content and its design and look or any Information or to reproduce, store, link, frame or deep-link it on any other App or in any other medium or format without our prior written consent. Further, you shall not use the App for commercial exploitation in any circumstances.
– No Malware: You shall not use or provide any malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user's browser or computer or to compromise a user's privacy.
- All copyright, database right, patent, other intellectual property right, title and interest in and to the App and any Information (excluding the Data provided by the users of the App) are and will remain the exclusive property of Southern Cross and its licensors. The elements of the App, including but not limited to the general design and the imagery, and any Information are protected by copyright, trademark, patent and other laws relating to intellectual property rights. Nothing in these Terms gives you a right to use the BeingWell, BeingWell by Southern Cross Health Society, Southern Cross or Medelinked names or any of Southern Cross’ or Medelinked's trademarks, logos, domain names and other distinctive brand features. You are permitted to download and print any Information from the App solely for your own personal use and/or internal business purposes. You are not entitled to use the content of the App for commercial exploitation in any circumstances. In case you breach the terms of this provision, Southern Cross will have the right to claim damages against you which shall include the right to claim special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages and loss of profits.
- Neither Southern Cross, nor any of its directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, affiliates and licensors may be held responsible for any omissions or errors of the Information or for any loss or damages which may subsequently arise.
- Any Information transmitted via the App will pass over public telecommunications networks. Southern Cross does not give any warranty or undertaking and does not make any representation that the operation of the App will be secure, uninterrupted or error free.
- The App may contain links to third-party Apps or websites or materials supplied by or contained on any third-party App or website which is linked from or to the App. Southern Cross does not accept any responsibility or liability for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such Apps, websites or material or (ii) the content, products or services on or available from such Apps, websites or materials. Links to such Apps or materials do not imply any endorsement by Southern Cross of such Apps, websites or materials or the content, products or services available from such Apps, websites or materials. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risks arising from your use of any such Apps, websites or materials.
- Southern Cross operates the App on an "as is" and "as available" basis and it may from time to time contain errors, faults and inaccuracies. Subject to any applicable consumer guarantees provided for in New Zealand consumer protection legislation, we make no representation and provide no express or implied warranty or guarantee about the App (including without limitation, as to its security, safety (such as safety from any virus, defects, trojans or other harmful or malicious programs) including those which could damage or interfere with any data, software or hardware with which it might be used) or that the access to the App will be uninterrupted. Southern Cross will not be responsible or liable for any harm to your computer system, loss of data or other harm resulting from your access to or use of the App or for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any Data or Information and other communications.
- The content of the App is general and provided for information purposes only. Subject to the consumer guarantees provided for in consumer protection legislation, we do not give any express or implied warranties or guarantees and make no representations in relation to the App. In particular, while reasonable care is taken in its preparation, Southern Cross does not guarantee or warrant the accuracy, quality, completeness, reliability or currency of the App (including any errors in or omissions from the content of the App), or of any Southern Cross or third party websites, materials, information, products or services promoted or accessed via the App, or their usefulness in achieving any purpose. You should make and rely on your own assessment and enquiries to verify the accuracy of the information provided.
- Southern Cross does not provide telecommunications services and does not warrant that you will have continuous access to the App or that it will be supplied fault free. Southern Cross does not control the amount of data a User uses on their mobile phone plan when using the App, and will not be liable for any charges made for that data use. Southern Cross will not be liable in the event that the App is unavailable to you due to computer downtime attributable to malfunctions, upgrades, preventative or remedial maintenance activities or interruption in telecommunications supply. Southern Cross reserves the right to suspend or terminate the availability of the App at any time.
- You agree to access and use App entirely at your own risk. Any transaction you enter into with any advertiser or other third party appearing on the App is solely between you and the advertiser or other third party. Southern Cross is not responsible or liable for any part of any such transaction.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from Southern Cross or the App, shall create any implied warranty.
- Southern Cross and its directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, affiliates and licensors shall in no way be responsible for any decisions you may make based on the use of App and/or the Information including but not limited to whether or not you choose to seek professional medical care or treatment. You hereby waive any claim you may have or acquire against Southern Cross and/or any of its directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, affiliates and licensors and indemnify and hold Southern Cross and/or any of its directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, affiliates and licensors harmless from any claims, proceedings, costs, special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages and loss of profits relating to your use of the Information.
- You agree to fully indemnify Southern Cross and its directors, officers, employees, agents, partners, affiliates and licensors in respect of any loss or damage (including reasonable legal expenses) arising out of or in connection with: – any loss, damage or liability resulting from any breach of security, including without limitation the use or misuse (whether fraudulent or otherwise) of Your Data; – your use of the App including participation in Company and inter-Company challenges; and – any breach of or failure by you to comply with these terms and conditions.
- The failure of Southern Cross to enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not be deemed to be a waiver of such right or provision.
- The App is not directed to any person to whom (by reason of such person's nationality, residence, applicable laws, regulations or otherwise) the publication or availability of the App is prohibited. Persons to whom such restrictions apply must not access the App. If you choose to access the App from outside New Zealand you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
- You may terminate your access and use of the App with us at any time.
- You acknowledge and agree that, if the App used by you is an iPhone Application: – the following terms and conditions are between you and Southern Cross, and not Apple, Inc. (Apple); – Southern Cross, and not Apple, is solely responsible for the App and Apple has no responsibility whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App; – subject to the consumer guarantees provided for in consumer protection legislation , Apple will have no warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App; – Apple is not responsible for any claims that you have arising out of your use of the App; – Apple will have no responsibility whatsoever for the investigation, defence, settlement or discharge of any third-party claim that the App infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights; – you represent and warrant that: (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties; and – Apple and its subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of these terms and conditions and, upon your acceptance of these terms and conditions, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these terms and conditions against you as a third party beneficiary.
- We may revise these Terms from time to time. The most current version will be available via our App. Revised Terms shall become effective from the date of publication on the App. By continuing to access the App after those revisions become effective, you agree to and accept to be bound by the revised Terms.