Southern Cross welcomes the opportunity to talk with suitably qualified healthcare providers about joining the Affiliated Provider (AP) programme.
To become an AP to Southern Cross, practitioners must:
- have vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand for their relevant scope of practice
- have a current practising certificate
- work from a facility that meets certain quality standards (for specific healthcare services).
We also take into account:
- member demand for services
- your geographic location/region
- the services you are offering and area/s of expertise
- national coverage
How do I become an Affiliated Provider?
Consultations and rooms-based services
Individual providers can call our Provider line on 0800 770 843
Generally, the hospital or facility holds the contract with Southern Cross. Individual providers should contact the hospitals or facilities they work at and speak to the person who looks after Southern Cross AP agreements. That hospital or facility will then negotiate an AP agreement with Southern Cross. The agreement includes the healthcare services, providers, locations and pricing.
- Eye Specialists, Ophthalmology
-Trevor Fitzjohn, Imaging
- Gary French, Orthopaedics
- David Merrilees, Urology