It’s important to get health insurance cover to help protect you and your family from unexpected healthcare costs. Health insurance also gives you the peace of mind that you can get access to treatment when you need it.
Why get health insurance?
- It gives you options so you can get treatment for qualifying medical treatment quickly.
- It helps you avoid public hospital waiting lists.
- It gives you more choice over when you have treatment.
Why choose Southern Cross?
- We're not-for-profit, we're for you.
- We pay more claims.
- We reward you for good health.
Health insurance plans
- Check out all our plans.
- Not sure which plan is right for you? Use our free Plan finder tool.
- Know what plan to get? Apply online now.
Southern Cross through your employerFind out if your employer offers Southern Cross health insurance.
Moving to New Zealand?Find out if you are eligible to apply for health insurance.
Payment optionsFind out about payment options.
Critical Illness plan
Our Critical Illness plan pays you a one-off lump sum to give you a financial boost if you are diagnosed with a qualifying critical illness event (such as cancer or stroke).