What are the benefits?
Benefits include cover for:
- Unlimited surgical treatment including cardiac surgery and cover for recovery and support
- Cancer care including chemotherapy and radiotherapy, oncologist and palliative care
- Specialist consultations up to $10,000 per claims year
- Day-to-day healthcare including doctors visits, prescriptions, physiotherapy, chiropractor and podiatrist appointments
- Imaging and diagnostic procedures including x-rays, ultrasounds, mammography, MRI, CT and PET scans
- Non-surgical treatment
With UltraCare, certain qualifying pre-existing conditions may be covered after 3 years of continuous cover.
Optional cover for dental and optical treatment can be added to the UltraCare plan.
UltraCare 400 offers:
- up to $750 per claims year for dental care and
- up to $500 per claims year for spectacles and contact lenses
- up to $100 per claims year for an annual health check
How affordable is this plan?
UltraCare is Southern Cross’ most comprehensive plan, so it comes with a higher premium than other more basic plans. However, the wide range of benefits gives you greater peace of mind. For people who want the best, UltraCare delivers ultra reassurance.
You may be able to lower your premiums (if you aren't part of a subsidised work scheme) through our:
- 10% healthy lifestyle reward - if you meet our simple healthy lifestyle criteria we’ll reduce your premiums for up to two years; or
- low claims reward if you don’t claim over the low claims threshold.
How does the reimbursement work for this plan?
UltraCare plan will reimburse you the lowest of the actual costs, reasonable charges, or policy limits as detailed in the policy document for eligible healthcare services.