RegularCare is a shared cover plan that is only available to members in some corporate groups. You will need to contact Southern Cross or your adviser to check if your employer offers this plan.
The plan provides a contribution towards surgical treatment, specialist consultations, imaging and diagnostic tests and day-to-day healthcare.
Shared cover means you and Southern Cross each pay some of the costs of the healthcare services you receive.
What are the benefits?
Benefits include shared cover for:
- Surgical treatment including cover for recovery and support
- Cancer care including chemotherapy, radiotherapy and oncologist consultations
- Day-to-day healthcare including prescriptions, doctor visits and physiotherapy
- Specialist consultations
- Imaging and diagnostic procedures including x-rays, ultrasounds, mammography, MRI, CAT and PET scans
- Non-surgical hospitalisation excluding hospice and geriatric care.
With RegularCare, certain qualifying pre-existing conditions may be covered after 3 years of continuous cover.
How affordable is this plan?
RegularCare and RegularCare Budget are more affordable because you share your surgical as well as day-to-day healthcare costs.
RegularCare Budget goes a step further by offering a $100 excess to reduce premiums. If you take the excess option, we will deduct $100 from each claim that we accept.
You may be able to lower your premiums (if you aren't part of a subsidised work scheme) through our:
- 10% healthy lifestyle reward - if you meet our simple healthy lifestyle criteria we’ll reduce your premiums for up to two years; or
- low claims reward if you don’t claim over the low claims threshold.
How does the reimbursement work for this plan?
RegularCare will reimburse you for the lower of 80% of the actual costs or the policy limits as detailed in the policy document for eligible healthcare services.