RegularCare is a shared cover plan available directly from Southern Cross. It provides a contribution towards surgical treatment, specialist consultations, imaging and diagnostic tests and day-to-day healthcare.
Shared cover means you and Southern Cross each pay some of the costs of the healthcare services you receive.
What are the benefits?
Benefits include shared cover for:
- Surgical treatment including cover for recovery and support
- Cancer care including chemotherapy, radiotherapy and oncologist consultations
- Day-to-day healthcare including prescriptions, doctor visits and physiotherapy
- Specialist consultations
- Imaging and diagnostic procedures including x-rays, ultrasounds, mammography, MRI, CAT and PET scans
- Non-surgical hospitalisation excluding hospice and geriatric care.
With RegularCare, certain qualifying pre-existing conditions may be covered after 3 years of continuous cover.
How affordable is this plan?
RegularCare and RegularCare Budget are more affordable because you share your surgical as well as day-to-day healthcare costs.
RegularCare Budget goes a step further by offering a $100 excess to reduce premiums. If you take the excess option, we will deduct $100 from each claim that we accept.
You may be able to lower your premiums (if you aren't part of a subsidised work scheme) through our:
- 10% healthy lifestyle reward - if you meet our simple healthy lifestyle criteria we’ll reduce your premiums for up to two years; or
- low claims reward if you don’t claim over the low claims threshold.
How does the reimbursement work for this plan?
RegularCare will reimburse you for the lower of 80% of the actual costs or the policy limits as detailed in the policy document for eligible healthcare services.