Southern Cross Health Society - we're with you
Southern Cross Health Society is working with you to provide services to Southern Cross members. As we have moved to level 1, all of our Partnership Managers are now able to attending meetings in-person and are also available to take your calls and meet online.
Your dedication to patient care during this time is appreciated - thank you on behalf of our members.
Level 1 support
We are here to support you. Our Relationship Managers are operating Monday to Thursday from 8.30am to 5.30pm and Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm.
Partnership Manager details can be found on our Support page.
New telehealth consultation codes now available
Southern Cross is pleased to advise that we’re now entering a transition period to end the current telehealth arrangements (please see the current guidance for phone or video consultations below) and would like to invite Affiliated Providers to add new telehealth consultation codes to your Affiliated Provider (AP) agreements.
If you would like to continue to provide telehealth consultations to Southern Cross members and add these codes to your AP agreement, please contact your Partnership Manager.
Guidance for phone or video consultations
Please find below guidance on how claims can be made under your Affiliated Provider agreement for phone or video consultations (where clinically appropriate) for Southern Cross members:
- Southern Cross is allowing an exception to your Affiliated Provider agreement (and the member’s health insurance policy) by allowing you to claim for specialist consultations (initial and follow up), conducted with members where clinically appropriate, by video or phone. All other terms and conditions of your Affiliated Provider agreement still need to be met. The terms of the member’s policy document will continue to apply.
- It’s important that you only undertake phone or video consultations when clinically appropriate to do so. Please follow any guidance from your college or association and the National Telehealth Leadership Group on effective phone or video specialist consultations, including the need to meet privacy and security obligations in respect to the collection of personal health information.
- To clarify, there will be no other changes to Affiliated Provider agreements or pricing.
- This is a special solution for exceptional circumstances in response to COVID-19. As the situation is changing rapidly, we will continue to monitor it and will be in contact should our position change.
- Please note - all out-patient follow-up consultations included in the surgical price for the six- week post-operative consultation can be done by phone or video if appropriate (eg where no physical examination is required). Please note these are already included in the price for the surgery and are not to be claimed for separately under your Affiliated Provider agreement.
- If members cancel specialist consultation appointments due to COVID-19, please follow your standard process for a cancellation/DNA (did not attend).
Affiliated Provider agreementsIf you have a price review or agreement renewal coming up, your Partnership Manager will be in touch to discuss. If your contract is due to expire in the next few months, please contact your Partnership Manager as soon as you can to discuss the best options for you.
We are moving to digital signing for all documents. We will need to confirm the email address you would like documents sent to and a mobile phone number for authentication checks. Your Partnership Manager can provide more information about this.
Online options for membersFor those of you that are Southern Cross members, you can access updates on our COVID-19 page including answers to frequently asked questions. Included in these FAQs is guidance for members on how to manage their ongoing or planned health needs.
As always, there are a number of options for members to manage their policy online using My Southern Cross.
For any services that are not Affiliated Provider, members can complete online claims using My Southern Cross or the mobile app. Posted claims will take slightly longer to process than normal.