Health insurance payment options
There are two payment options available to most Southern Cross members:
Direct debit or Recurring credit card.
If you have Southern Cross in your workplace, your premiums may be paid by payroll deduction, check with your employer. If you’re an existing member you can check this in My Southern Cross.
Most members find direct debit the most convenient payment option. Advantages of direct debit include:
- premiums are paid automatically every week, fortnight or month.
- once your direct debit is set up, you don't need to do anything else to pay your premium.
- if you are an individually billed member (not in an employer scheme) paying by direct debit you will also receive a discount of 2.5% off your premium.*
If the amount of your direct debit changes, we will notify you before your next payment.
How to set up direct debit
If you are a new member, you can set up your direct debit authority:
- when you apply online,
- by calling us on 0800 100 777, or by
- downloading our direct debit form. Send your completed form to the address at the top of the form.
If you are an existing member you can setup or manage direct debit payments in My Southern Cross. If you have any problems setting up your direct debit please call us on 0800 0800 181, we're here to help Monday to Friday.
If you're an existing member and want to pay for Cancer Assist or Critical Illness by direct debit, you will need to set this up by calling us on 0800 800 181.
Note: It’s important to be aware of your regular payments. If you miss three payments in a row, your direct debit will be put on hold. If we haven’t received any premium from you for three months, your policy will be cancelled.
Recurring credit card payments
A recurring credit card payment is a regular payment made using your credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
How to set up recurring credit card payments
If you are an existing member you can setup or manage recurring credit card payments in My Southern Cross.
If you're an existing member and want to pay for Cancer Assist or Critical Illness using your credit card, you will need to set this up by calling us on 0800 800 181.
Note: If your payment fails for any reason, we will let you know that the payment was missed. If you miss three months in a row, your recurring credit card payments and policy will be cancelled.
* Discount is not applicable to Cancer Cover Plus.