- The information contained on My Southern Cross is provided for the purposes of informing you about your Southern Cross health insurance plan including your level of cover and the benefits available under your plan, and enables you as a Southern Cross policyholder / member to undertake certain activities online, including but not limited to; enabling you to claim, apply for prior approval, view communications and update your contact details (as applicable).
- By registering for My Southern Cross, you agree to receive all available policy related communications online through My Southern Cross. This includes any communications related to payments, like Direct Debit advice. We will let you know when a communication is available to view by notifying you by email. You can change this at any time in ‘My communication settings’.
- While Southern Cross will endeavour to keep the contents of My Southern Cross up to date and accurate, we do not warrant or represent to you or any other person that such content is accurate or up to date at all times.
- Southern Cross will provide My Southern Cross and any My Southern Cross Services that you request with reasonable care and skill, however we do not represent or warrant that My Southern Cross or any My Southern Cross Service will:
7.1. operate on a continuous or fault-free basis or at any particular time or location;
7.2. be free of viruses or other harmful features (including any files displayed or obtained from or through My Southern Cross or the My Southern Cross Services or any website linked to it).
- We will endeavour to have functionality to My Southern Cross and any My Southern Cross Service restored as soon as reasonably possible in the event of an outage or other technical fault.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Southern Cross and its officers and employees will not be liable whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise to you or any other person for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or special) arising directly or indirectly from any errors or omissions in the information contained in My Southern Cross or any My Southern Cross Service or any delay or interruption to or use whatsoever of My Southern Cross or My Southern Cross Service, or any failure to comply with clauses 7.1 or 7.2. We are also not responsible for the security of the environment that you choose to access your information.
- Except as expressly provided otherwise, Southern Cross or its suppliers own all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the information contained in My Southern Cross or otherwise connected with My Southern Cross or the My Southern Cross Services. No part of My Southern Cross or the My Southern Cross Services may be modified, reproduced, transmitted, stored or otherwise dealt with (including in any other website or other electronic form) except as expressly provided for on My Southern Cross or with the prior written consent of Southern Cross, except that you may print, or download to your hard drive extracts from My Southern Cross for your own personal use.
- While using My Southern Cross or any My Southern Cross Service you must ensure that:
11.1. all information which you supply to Southern Cross is current, complete, accurate and provided in a timely manner;
11.2. you comply with all applicable laws, regulations standards and codes;
11.3. all security information (including any login, username, password or PIN) relating to you is kept confidential and not disclosed to any third party; and
11.4. you notify us immediately of any actual or suspected unauthorised use of security information relating to you.
- My Southern Cross may contain links to other third party sites. These sites are not under the control of Southern Cross, and Southern Cross is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or liable for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or special) suffered by you or any other person from accessing, using or relying on any linked site. The inclusion of any link in My Southern Cross is provided as a convenience only and does not imply endorsement, recommendation or warranty by Southern Cross of the linked site or the products and services provided there or any association with its operators.
- For the avoidance of doubt, in the event of any inconsistency between the content on My Southern Cross and the terms and conditions of our policies, the terms and conditions of our policies take precedence.
- The contents of My Southern Cross have been prepared in accordance with New Zealand law. The contents of My Southern Cross are governed by New Zealand law and New Zealand courts have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
- All dollar figures stated on My Southern Cross are in New Zealand dollars and include goods and services tax (unless otherwise stated).