Southern Cross members among New Zealands most satisfied
Southern Cross Health Society members are among New Zealand’s happiest customers, according to a run of awards the insurer has won recently.
The Health Society has recently taken out the Gold Award in the Health Insurance category at the Reader’s Digest New Zealand Quality Services Awards, received the only five star rating across the board in a Canstar Blue health insurance survey, and won the Silver Award for Customer Service in NZ and the Industry Sector Award for Member Support Services at the CRM Awards in 2015.
Head of Member Services Anthony McPhail says the awards are a reflection of the huge focus Southern Cross has on member experience.
“As a not-for-profit membership-based society, our members are our priority and we’re committed to investing in products and services that deliver genuine benefits to them,” says McPhail.
“When your health is at stake, prompt, transparent and convenient service is paramount – and what our members expect.”
A large part of making this happen has been investing in digital services which ensures seeking information and claiming is as easy as possible.
“Electronic claiming now represents 67% of all claims by volume received which shows us that members want to use their policy at their convenience. We’ve listened to our members and have a strong focus on growing and improving our digital services, creating solutions that make our member experience quick and easy.”
Digital services include:
- My Southern Cross – My Southern Cross is Southern Cross’ secure, online platform where members can manage all aspects of their policy whenever and wherever it suits them.
- My Southern Cross App – Policyholders can make medical (non-surgical) claims under any plan, plus all members can check benefit balances and use it as a virtual Member card.
- Easy-claim – An electronic service where members claim at the time of purchase. For a wide range of day to day healthcare services, Southern Cross reimburses the provider directly. All members need to do is pay the provider any contribution they’re responsible for.
- Affiliated Providers – An Affiliated Provider is a doctor, specialist or medical facility that is contracted to provide healthcare services at agreed prices. Because of the price certainty Affiliated Providers organise prior approval and claim on our members’ behalf.
“Despite this digital focus, we haven’t forgotten the personal touch and have an award winning contact centre available for members who still prefer to get in touch in traditional ways,” says McPhail.
“We’re delighted that our members are happy and vocal about the high level of customer service they receive.”
Recent customer service awards:
- April 2016. Gold Award in the Health Insurance category – Reader’s Digest New Zealand Quality Service Awards which recognise the best in customer service.
- March 2016. Five star scores across the board – Canstar Blue customer satisfaction survey of New Zealanders with health insurance. The survey looked at views on value, customer service, communication and overall satisfaction.
- September 2015. Silver Award for Customer Service in NZ (Contact Centre over 50 seats) & the Industry Sector Award for Member Support Services at the CRM Awards.