My Southern Cross mobile app privacy statement
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal and health information (“Information”) in accordance with our Privacy Statement. A summary of the key terms of our Privacy Statement is set out below. You can view our full Privacy Statement here.
The Information we collect and hold about you and your dependants will be used:
- to consider your eligibility and the eligibility of your dependants for cover under this policy;
- to consider the specific terms applying to your policy;
- for administration purposes, such as billing and claims management;
- to consider whether any healthcare service is eligible for cover under this policy;
- to contact you (and your dependents) with information about products and services relating to us, other Southern Cross branded businesses, and our business partners;
- to prevent, detect and investigate any fraud or where in our reasonable opinion we suspect any fraud;
- to process, investigate and review any claims made and or paid (including historical claims).
We collect Information about you and your dependants directly from you.
We may also collect Information about you (and each of your dependants) from your husband / wife or partner (provided they are named on your policy), health services providers and medical authorities, Southern Cross’ business partners and any third party authorised by you, and you and each of your dependants authorises this collection and the disclosure of such Information to such parties for the purposes as set out above and in full in our Privacy Statement.
We may need to disclose Information about you (and your dependants) to your husband / wife or partner (provided they are named on your policy), the relevant healthcare services providers, medical authorities or the third parties authorised by you, or any other party required by law, in relation to any of the purposes as set out above and in full in our Privacy Statement and you and each of your dependants named on your policy authorises us to disclose this Information.
All communications from us relating to you (or any of your dependants) will be sent to you. This means that information about each of your dependants will be sent to you and each of your dependants authorises this.
If you or any of your dependants would like to access or correct Information that we hold about you (or any of your dependants), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not provide us with any requested Information for all individuals on your policy, it may delay the processing of your application or your claim, or may result in us not providing you or your dependants with cover until such information is provided.