Buying health insurance
We have the widest range of health insurance plans and now also offer critical illness insurance exclusively for members.
Health insurance plans
Tips on what to consider when choosing a plan
Why get health insurance?
- It gives you options so you can get treatment for qualifying medical treatment quickly.
- It helps you avoid public hospital waiting lists.
- It gives you more choice over when and where you have treatment.
View costs of common medical procedures
How the public and private health systems work
Why choose Southern Cross?
1. We're not-for-profit, we're for you.
2. We pay more claims.
3. We reward you for good health.
View more reasons
Southern Cross through your employer
Find out if your employer offers Southern Cross health insurance.
Moving to New Zealand?
Find out if you are eligible to apply for health insurance.
Find out about payment options
Critical Illness plan
Our Critical Illness plan pays you a one-off lump sum to give you a financial boost if you are diagnosed with a qualifying critical illness event (such as cancer or stroke).