Wellbeing Starter is an entry level plan which provides cover for cancer care, some surgery and related expenses (incurred within six months of an eligible healthcare service). A benefit for GP and physiotherapy visits is also included.
There is no cover for gynaecology, urology and orthopaedics (referred to in the policy document as restricted specialties), unless directly required for the treatment of cancer (six month rule applies).
What are the benefits?
Benefits include cover for:
- Surgical treatment* – $500,000**
- Specialist consultations* – must be within six months of related eligible healthcare services
- Imaging and tests* – must be within six months of related eligible healthcare services
- Cancer care – $60,000 includes reimbursement of the actual cost up to $10,000 for non-Pharmac approved MedSafe indicated chemotherapy drugs
- Recovery* – must be within six months following related eligible healthcare services
- Support* – including ambulance and public hospital cash allowances
- Non-surgical treatment*
- GP and physiotherapy visits – 75% of expenses incurred up to $150 per claims year (in total)
- Surgical allowances – includes prophylactic treatment allowance (after three years).
With Wellbeing Starter, there is no cover for pre-existing conditions.
*Does not cover restricted specialties except when directly required for the treatment of cancer.
**Prosthesis maximums apply.
How do plans compare in price?
Generally, the larger the range of benefits and level of reimbursement in a plan, the more it will cost.
You may also be able to reduce your premium (if you aren't part of a subsidised work scheme) with:
- 10% healthy lifestyle reward - if you meet a simple healthy lifestyle criteria we’ll reduce your premium for up to two years
- 10% low claims reward, after the first two years for the duration of your policy, if you don’t claim over the low claims threshold.
How does the reimbursement work for this plan?
You will be reimbursed for 100% of expenses (unless otherwise stated) for eligible healthcare services, up to the policy limits.