- How we collect your information: The App collects personal and health information about you in a number of ways. Some information will be collected when you directly enter information into the App. Some information will be collected when you connect a device to the App or attend a BeingWell event. In addition to personal and health information that is collected about you via the App, we may also collect personal and/or health information about you if you contact the Southern Cross BeingWell team directly in relation to your BeingWell account.
- How we use your information: The personal and health information about you that is collected via the App or directly by the Southern Cross BeingWell team will be used to administer your BeingWell account (including when you want to move your BeingWell account from one employer to another), to track your participation in company or inter-company challenges and/or your goal achievements, provide information to you relating to your BeingWell account (including in relation to company challenges), calculate your BeingWell score and for reporting, analytics and service improvement activities. We will also use it to send you information about products and services offered by Southern Cross, other Southern Cross businesses and third parties.
- Sharing your information with your employer: We will advise your employer (including your employer’s Wellbeing Champion(s)) that you have downloaded the app, and when you last accessed it. Other than that, and as set out in clause 4 below, we will only tell your employer identifiable health or personal information that you have provided to the App if you have authorised us to share that information as part of your participation in a company or inter-company challenge. If you take part in a company challenge your identifiable challenge results may also be seen by other people in your company who also took part in the challenge. We will share aggregated and/or anonymised BeingWell App data with your employer about their employees, including you, that use the App.
- >No sharing with Southern Cross Medical Care Society for insurance purposes: The only information about your participation in BeingWell that will be shared with Southern Cross Medical Care Society is the fact of your participation in BeingWell, and whether you have downloaded the Being Well app. If you have cover under a Southern Cross Medical Care Society health insurance policy as well as participating in BeingWell, Southern Cross Medical Care Society will share this fact with BeingWell. The purpose of this information exchange is solely for marketing, communication and analytics purposes. None of the personal or health information about you that is collected by the App or the Southern Cross BeingWell team directly will be shared with, or used by, Southern Cross Medical Care Society’s claims or underwriting teams, who are responsible for future underwriting and claims decisions. This means that, if you are insured under a Southern Cross Medical Care Society insurance policy, under no circumstances will Southern Cross Medical Care Society be deemed to have any knowledge of any personal or health information about you that has been collected by the App or the Southern Cross BeingWell team when it comes to decide future applications for insurance cover or claims under a current insurance policy with Southern Cross Medical Care Society. If any information about your BeingWell activity is relevant to any future application for insurance cover or changes to existing insurance cover or claims under an insurance policy with Southern Cross Medical Care Society, you must disclose this information directly to Southern Cross Medical Care Society’s underwriting, claims or customer service teams.
- Right to access and correct: You are entitled to access or seek correction of the personal or health information that we hold about you in relation to the App or your participation in BeingWell. Please contact us on email@example.com if you would like to do so.
- Security: The personal and health information about you that is collected by the App will be securely held by Southern Cross in Australia, Ireland and/or New Zealand. We restrict access to your personal and health information to those who need access to such information in order to provide the App services. We maintain appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal and health information, including firewalls, individual passwords and encryption and authentication technology, and take all other necessary and adequate administrative, organisational, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard the same against unauthorised or unlawful processing and use, accidental loss or destruction or damage, theft, disclosure or modification and to ensure its integrity.
- Links to other apps/websites: The App may contain links to App/Websites that are not operated by us. Such other App/Websites are not subject to this Privacy Statement and we are not responsible in any way for the content or accuracy of such Apps/Websites or for the policies they apply to the treatment of personal or health information. Connecting to or otherwise accessing such Apps/Websites is at your own risk. We recommend that you read the privacy policies used by these Apps/Websites, and check how these Apps/Websites protect your personal and health information and whether they are trustworthy.
- Revising this Privacy Statement: We may revise this Privacy Statement from time to time. The most current version will be available via our App. The revised Privacy Statement shall become effective from the date of its publication via the App. By continuing to access the App after those revisions become effective, you agree to and accept to be bound by the revised Privacy Statement.