Benefits for employers
- Not for profit and NZ owned - any surplus goes towards improving our health insurance plans and keeping premiums affordable.
- Dependable and innovative business partner - we’re well-established experts in the market. We look after the health insurance needs of more than 800,000 New Zealanders and manage work schemes for 95 of the 100 largest companies in NZ.1
- The widest range of solutions - we work with you to tailor the right health insurance and wellness solutions to suit your business and employees’ needs.
- Dedicated support team - a nationwide network of account managers and staff to support your business.
- Tools and resources - the administration of a work scheme is easy. We provide resources for you to share with your employees about your work health insurance scheme, as well as a range of health education resources.
- Financial strength - we’ve held our A+ financial strength rating from Standard and Poor’s for 13 consecutive years.2
Benefits for employees
- Care for the whole family - pay only for the first two children (under 21 years) on your policy, the rest are free.
- Easy-claim – an easy way to claim electronically for eligible healthcare products and services at the time of purchase.
- My Southern Cross online portal - a secure members’ area on the Southern Cross website to manage your health insurance policy online.
- Prior approval – call for quick confirmation about whether your surgery/procedure is eligible for cover and the conditions that may apply.
- Regular plan reviews - to ensure you receive value-for-money health insurance and to keep pace with health needs.
- We pay more claims, fast - for every $1 we’ve received in premiums, we’ve paid an average of 90 cents back to our members in claims.4
- Affiliated Providers - include surgeons, specialists and facilities who are contracted to provide members with certain procedures at agreed prices. They make life easier by organising prior approval and automatically processing claims on behalf of members
- Discounted travel insurance - members get a discount on TravelCare from Southern Cross Travel Insurance.
- ACC claims assistance - we have a team who work as a liaison between our members and the ACC during disputes and resolution following medical or surgical claim declines by ACC.
Find out more, contact us today
We can provide advice and tailor a solution for your business.
Call 0800 323 555, Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Kenexa Top 100 companies in NZ ranked by number of employees.
2 Southern Cross Medical Care Society (trading as Southern Cross Health Society) has an A+ (Strong) financial strength rating given by Standard & Poor’s (Australia) Pty Limited.
The rating scale is: AAA (Extremely Strong) AA (Very Strong) A (Strong)BBB (Good)BB (Marginal) B (Weak) CCC (Very Weak) CC (Extremely Weak) SD or D (Selective Default or Default) R (Regulatory Action) NR (Not Rated). Ratings from ‘AA’ to ‘CCC’ may be modified by the addition of a plus (+) or minus (-) sign to show relative standing within the major rating categories. Full details of the rating scale are available at www.standardandpoors.com. Standard & Poor’s is an approved rating agency under the Insurance (Prudential Supervision) Act 2010.
3 Conditions apply. A child can only be insured as a dependant on his/her parent’s policy.
4 Over the five years ended June 2012.