Voluntary Work Scheme OPSM Summer 2016-2017 Joining Promotion – free $150 sunglasses voucher for new members
Terms and conditions1. This promotion is valid for the period 14 November 2016 to 31 January 2017 (the ‘Promotional Period’).
2. Any person who:
a. purchases a new Southern Cross Medical Care Society (‘Southern Cross’) health insurance policy (excluding Critical Illness policies) (‘New Policy’) that is part of an existing voluntary work scheme; or
b. is added as a spouse, civil union partner or de facto partner or adult dependant (‘Eligible Dependant’) to an existing Southern Cross health insurance policy (excluding Critical Illness policies) that is part of an existing voluntary work scheme;
during the Promotional Period and who meets the eligibility criteria below (a ‘New Member’) will be entitled to a $150 OPSM voucher (‘Voucher’) to be used at any OPSM (‘OPSM’) optometrist throughout New Zealand.
3. Subject to the restrictions below, to be a ‘New Member’ an applicant must be over the age of 18 and have their application for a New Policy or to or to be added as an Eligible Dependant accepted by Southern Cross as part of a voluntary work scheme with an original date of joining (ODJ) date between 14 November 2016 and 31 January 2017.
4. To be eligible for the Voucher a New Member must hold their Southern Cross policy for a minimum of three months from their original date of joining. If a New Member who has redeemed their Voucher seeks to cancel their policy within this three month period then Southern Cross will be entitled to recover any outstanding premium owed or retain any premium paid up to a maximum of three months’ premium.5. Unless otherwise accepted by Southern Cross in writing (in its sole discretion) the Voucher is not available:
a. To applicants for a New Policy or inclusion as an Eligible Dependant who were previously a member of Southern Cross during the three month period prior to the start of the Promotional Period (namely 14 August 2016-13 November 2016); or
b. to existing Southern Cross members, unless they move from a subsidised work scheme to a voluntary work scheme within the Promotional Period; or
c. to applicants for a New Policy or inclusion as an Eligible Dependant as part of a ‘subsidised group scheme’ or anything other than a voluntary work scheme (as determined by Southern Cross in its sole discretion); or
d. in respect of Southern Cross Critical Illness policies.
6. Unless otherwise accepted by Southern Cross in writing (in its sole discretion), the Voucher is not available to any other person, including but not limited to existing Southern Cross members who cancel an existing membership of a voluntary work scheme and re-join Southern Cross during the Promotional Period. If Southern Cross does accept any other person for the Voucher, these terms and conditions will apply.
7. It is a New Member’s responsibility to ensure their health insurance application is properly completed and received by Southern Cross during the Promotional Period. Southern Cross accepts no liability for applications that are incomplete or defective or accepted outside of the Promotional Period.
8. The New Member will be underwritten by Southern Cross in the normal way. This means that any pre-existing medical conditions that the New Member has at the time of application for a New Policy or inclusion as an Eligible Dependant may be excluded.
9. One Voucher will be available for redemption per New Member. The Voucher must be used in one transaction and surrendered at the time of purchase and is not transferable for cash.
10. The Voucher must be redeemed subject to and in accordance with these terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions stated on the Voucher. It cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount, offer or benefit other than as set out in these terms and conditions.
11. Adult and children’s sunglasses (excluding Chanel products) are eligible for purchase with the Voucher. Prescription glasses, lens and lens extras are eligible for purchase with the Voucher.
12. Children and Adult Spectacle Packages, Chanel products, contact lenses, eyewear protection insurance, safety glasses, eye exams, eye exam technology, gift cards and eye examinations or other services (except for the free examinations for Southern Cross members) are not eligible to be purchased with the Voucher.
13. This promotion does not provide any person with any right to offset or to claim any deduction of any kind against Southern Cross, including but not limited to any premiums or insurance claims. Additional spend made by a New Member during the same transaction where the Voucher is redeemed may qualify for claiming based on policy type. Any resulting rebates will be limited to any additional amount contributed by the member over and above the value of the redeemed Voucher.
14. Southern Cross will post the Voucher to all New Members within a reasonable period of time following the acceptance of the New Member’s application. The Voucher will be sent to the postal address supplied by the New Member with their application.
15. Each eligible New Member must redeem their Voucher in an OPSM store by 31 May 2017. After this date the Voucher will no longer be valid.
16. Southern Cross accepts no responsibility or liability of any kind to any person in relation to any loss, damage or injury in connection with this promotion and/or the Voucher.
OPSM Southern Cross Member offer
17. The current OPSM Member Offer that is available to all Southern Cross members (more here) is modified as follows for New Members who join during this Promotion. New Members are entitled to the free eye examination and retinal scan (every two years) and the 10% discount on contact lenses where those contact lenses are bought by means other than the Voucher, but are not entitled to the 15% discount on lenses or lens extras when redeeming their Voucher. All other terms and conditions of the current OPSM Member Offer apply. The Voucher cannot be used to upgrade or supplement this free eye examination/retinal scan.
18. Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions apply in addition to the terms, conditions and exclusions of the applicable Southern Cross health insurance policy. Each applicant (including New Members) is deemed to have accepted and agreed to these terms and conditions.
19. Privacy Statement: We will use personal information about you for the purposes of administering this promotion. In respect of your health insurance application and resulting policy, our member privacy statement can be viewed at www.southerncross.co.nz/privacy. If you would like to seek access to your personal information or ask any questions about privacy please contact us on via 0800 800 181.
Southern Cross Medical Care Society, Level 1, Ernst & Young Building, 2 Takutai Square, Britomart, Auckland.