Auckland UniServices Ltd
Voluntary work scheme Lumino joining promotion
– Free Lumino dental examination and x-rays
Terms and conditions
1. This promotion is valid for the period 10 October 2016 to 30 October 2016 (the ‘Promotional Period’).
2. Any employee of Auckland UniServices Limited who:
a. purchases a new Southern Cross Medical Care Society (‘Southern Cross’) health insurance policy (excluding Critical Illness policies) (‘New Policy’) that is part of the Auckland UniServices Limited voluntary work scheme; or
b. is added as a spouse, civil union partner or de facto partner (‘Eligible Dependant’) to an existing Southern Cross health insurance policy (excluding Critical Illness policies) that is part of the Auckland UniServices voluntary work scheme;
during the Promotional Period and who meets the eligibility criteria below (a ‘New Member’) will be entitled to a free dental examination and x-rays (‘Examination’) at any Lumino Dental Limited (‘Lumino’) dental practice throughout New Zealand. One Examination will be available for redemption per New Member. The Examination must be redeemed subject to and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
3. To be an ‘New Member’ an applicant must be over the age of 18, and be one of the first 800 applicants to have their application for a New Policy or to be added as an Eligible Dependant accepted by Southern Cross as part of the Auckland UniServices Limited voluntary work scheme with an original date of joining (ODJ) date between 10 October 2016 and 30 October 2016. The number of New Members is limited to 800, although Southern Cross may at its absolute discretion increase this number.
4. Unless otherwise accepted by Southern Cross in writing (in its sole discretion) the Examination is not available:
a. to existing Southern Cross members, unless they move from a subsidised work scheme to the Auckland UniServices Limited voluntary work scheme within the Promotional Period; or
b. to applicants for a New Policy or inclusion as an Eligible Dependant as part of a ‘subsidised group scheme’ or anything other than a voluntary work scheme (as determined by Southern Cross in its sole discretion); or
c. in respect of Southern Cross Critical Illness policies.
5. Unless otherwise accepted by Southern Cross in writing (in its sole discretion), the Examination is not available to any other person, including but not limited to existing Southern Cross members who cancel an existing membership of the Auckland UniServices voluntary work scheme and rejoin Southern Cross during the Promotional Period. If Southern Cross does accept any other person for the Examination, these terms and conditions will apply.
6. The Examination consists of an examination by a dentist and includes bitewing x-rays. It does not include scale and polish or orthodontic consultations.
7. Southern Cross will send an email to all New Members within a reasonable period of time following the acceptance of the New Member’s application to confirm eligibility for the Examination. The email will include a promotion code that can only be used by the member named in the email. This email will be sent to the email address supplied by the New Member with their application.
The Examination can only be redeemed by making a booking on the Lumino website provided in the email (www.lumino.co.nz/scrossexam) using the promotion code sent by Southern Cross to the New Member.
8. In order to receive the Examination the New Member must book and attend their examination appointment by 16 December 2016. After this date the New Member will no longer be entitled to the Examination.
9. It is a New Member’s responsibility to ensure their health insurance application is properly completed and received by Southern Cross during the Promotional Period. Southern Cross accepts no liability for applications that are incomplete or defective or accepted outside of the Promotional Period.
10. The New Member will be underwritten by Southern Cross in the normal way. The means that any pre-existing medical conditions that the New Member has at the time of application for a New Policy or inclusion as an Eligible Dependant may be excluded.
11. Southern Cross accepts no responsibility or liability of any kind to any person in relation to any loss, damage or injury in connection with this promotion and/or the Examination.
12. Any further terms and conditions on lumino.co.nz/scrossexam in relation to the Examination will apply in addition to these terms and conditions. To the extent of any conflict between the two, these terms and conditions will prevail.
13. The Examination is not transferable to another person or redeemable for cash. This promotion does not provide any person with any right of set off or to claim any deduction of any kind against Southern Cross, including but not limited to any premiums or insurance claims.
14. Entry into the promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions apply in addition to the terms, conditions and exclusions of the applicable Southern Cross health insurance policy. Each applicant (including New Members) is deemed to have accepted and agreed to these terms and conditions.
Southern Cross Medical Care Society, Level 1, Ernst & Young Building, 2 Takutai Square, Britomart, Auckland.